P2/3 Newsletter Tuesday 15 August 2017
P.2/3 Practical Arrangements for Session 2017/18
Welcome back to school for Session 2017/18. I hope everyone enjoyed a happy and healthy summer break from school.
I write to you to share the practical arrangements for P.2/3 during this school session. The following practical arrangements are based on the predominant number of P.3 pupils in this composite class, arrangements as follows:
- 8.55 a.m. – P.2/3 pupils assemble at the traditional P.3 door.
- 10.30 a.m./10.45 a.m. – morning interval – pupils exit and enter via P.3 door.
- 12.15 p.m. to 1.05 p.m. – lunch time – pupils exit and enter via P.3 door.
- 3.00 p.m. – end of school day – parents/carers meet P.2 children at the traditional P.1 and P.2 door.
- The P.2 pupils have access to the full infant playground area at morning interval and lunch time – this will enable P.2 children from the P.2/3 class to play and socialise with friends from the other P.2 class and/or play and socialise with their P.3 friends from their own class.
Before the summer break I met with a parent of a P.2 child in the P.2/3 class. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss some of the issues related to planning, learning, teaching and organisation within a composite class.
We agreed that it would be helpful to meet with any parent/carer who may have questions relating to the composite class management and organisation.
You are welcome to meet me at 2.30 p.m. on Thursday 17th August 2017 if you consider this would be helpful. Please report to the main office at this time.
Thank you for your continued help and support. I look forward to seeing you.