Summer Term 2017 – Key Dates
Welcome back to all members of our school community following the Easter holiday. I hope all members of our school community enjoyed a happy and healthy Easter period.
Looking ahead to the summer term, I can confirm that the forthcoming term is a busy but exciting term with many events to look forward to.
The following calendar of key dates is not exhaustive, there will be additional events as the term progresses. The calendar is accurate at the present date.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information.
- Tuesday 18th April – All resume for Summer Term.
- Wednesday 19th April – P.7 Transition event at Portobello High School.
- Wednesday 19th April – P.1 and P.7 dental inspections.
- Wednesday 19th April – P.5A working with Craig Screen Education.
- Thursday 20th April – P.4A swimming lessons commence (1/2 class).
- Week beginning Monday 24th April – Tennis session commence at Abercorn Sports Club.
- Tuesday 25th April – Nursery visits to Figgate Park.
- Thursday 27th April – Launch of P.7 Transition Project.
- Thursday 27th April at 1.00 p.m. – P.7 group photo for The Evening News.
- Friday 28th April at 9.45 a.m. – Violin Assembly led by Mrs. Blackmore (violin instructor).
- Monday 1st May – SCHOOL CLOSED – MAY DAY HOLIDAY.
- Wednesday 3rd May – ‘Parent Pay’ implemented from today.
- Thursday 4th May – SCHOOL CLOSED FOR PUPILS – STAFF IN SERVICE DAY.
- Saturday 6th May at 9.30 a.m. – P.6 football team competing in 1st Round School Board Cup at Wardie Playing Fields.
- Thursday 11th May evening – Parent Council Spring Discos (to be confirmed).
- Friday 12th May at 9.45 a.m. – P.6B class assembly – ‘The Rainforest’.
- Friday 12th May at midday – P.7 parents invited to see Lagganlia Camp slideshow.
- Monday 15th May at 6.15 p.m. – The Choir competing in the final of The Glee Chour Competition at the Assembly Rooms, George Street.
- Week beginning Monday 22nd May is ‘CIRCUS STARZ’ Week. This is an exciting community project organised and led by our Parent Council. Children will learn and perform performance arts material to be undertaken, presented and performed in the ‘BIG TOP’ constructed beside Northfield/Willowbrae Community Centre. More exciting details to follow.
- Monday 22nd May – SCHOOL CLOSED – VICTORIA DAY HOLIDAY.
- Tuesday 23rd May – School ‘Open Morning’.
- Wednesday 24th May – P.7-year group at ‘The Risk Factory’.
- Wednesday 24th May – P.6 team competing in ‘Games at the Hub’ at Forrester High School.
- Friday 26th May 12.30 p.m. to 3.30 p.m. – Parent Council Summer Fair (replaces the annual Saturday fair) – to coincide with the end of ‘Circus Starz’ week
- Monday 29th May – Scholastic Book Fair Week.
- Monday 29th May – P.6 and P.7 Interscholastics Team competing at Meadowbank Stadium.
- Tuesday 30th May – Nursery group at East Links Country Park.
- Wednesday 31st May – P.5-year group at the Imaginate Show at Brunton Theatre.
- Week beginning Monday 5th June is HEALTH WEEK – Mrs. Evans (Deputy Head Teacher) has put together an exciting programme
- Monday 5th June at 7.30 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. Parent e-safety talk by PC Verity Ferry.
- Tuesday 6th June at 6.30 p.m. – Open evening at Portobello High School for parents and pupils.
- Thursday 8th June – GENERAL ELECTION DAY – PLEASE NOTE THE SCHOOL IS OPEN AS NORMAL ON THIS DAY.
- Thursday 8th June – Health Activity Day including parents/carers as part of ‘Health Week’.
- Friday 9th June at 9.45 a.m. – P.7-year group assembly – Lagganlia.
- Thursday 15th June at 1.00 p.m. – Infant (P.1 to P.3) Sports Day.
- Friday 16th June at 10.15 a.m. – Upper (P.4 to P.7) Sports Day.
- Monday 19th June – Pupil Progress Reports issued.
- Monday 19th June at 7.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. – P.1 Parents’ Evening for pupils starting in August 2017.
- Tuesday 20th June – P.7 pupils at their respective high schools for ‘Transition Day’.
- Tuesday 20th June at 1.15 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. – P.1 Games Afternoon (part of P.1 Transition Programme) involving present P.1 pupils and prospective P.1 pupils.
- Wednesday 21st June – P.7 pupils at their respective high schools for ‘Transition Day’.
- Thursday 22nd June – P.7 pupils at their respective high schools for ‘Transition Day’.
- Thursday 22nd June – ‘Moving On’ afternoon – pupils spend some of the afternoon with their teachers for next session.
- Friday 23rd June – P.5A and P.5B class assembly.
- Friday 23rd June at 6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. – P.7 Leavers’ Dance.
- Thursday 29th June afternoon – Talent Show organised by the Pupil Council.
- Friday 30th June at 9.45 a.m. ‘The Leavers’ Assembly’.
- Friday 30th June at midday – SCHOOL CLOSES FOR SUMMER HOLIDAY.