The Parent Council Fundraising Group plays an invaluable role within The Royal High Primary School. We are responsible for:
- raising funds to provide resources that enhance our pupils’ learning experience;
- organising events for pupils, parents and staff that help to create a positive, happy and inclusive school community.
Check what we have been funding:-
- Curricular French for P1-5
- Growing area – tonnes of stones, weed net, gravel, wheelbarrows, boards, murals, paint, seeds, signage, compost, bark, willow wigwam.
- 8 tablets, storage discs and covers
- Along with funding a free week of entertainment for Circus Starz we purchased for the school, 2 popcorn machines, a further 7 tablets, storage discs, indoor and outdoor covers for the tablets, 2 portable mics, 2 mic stands, arts and crafts, costumes, gazebos etc.
- A session of squash for the school squash team at Abercorn Tennis Courts pre-tournament.
- Nursery books – funding given books still to be purchased
- Library books
June 4th 2016 bought all the medals and trophies for the RHPS football tournament which is held during our Summer Fair.
April 2016 sees the PC purchasing 3 brand new tables for the quad, a huge thank you to Emil for putting them together.
April 2016 funded new filter etc. for the fish tank that is in the school reception.
April 2016 purchased an outdoor sitting area for the quad as part of the growing area funding.
P6 & P7 have received 4 sessions (March & April 2016) of racket sports at Abercorn Tennis Club. http://abercornsportsclub.co.uk/
Which they thoroughly enjoyed. Two teams were lucky enough to attend a competition at a beginners squash tournament organised by the East of Scotland Squash Association. P6A were 2nd equal – well done.
March 2016 – Funding French for P1-5 since August 2012 has been a fantastic accomplishment for our parent council and we are delighted to let everyone know that P2 have come runners up in a French competition. Well done P2 http://www.ifecosse.org.uk/New-concours-de-la-francophonie.html?lang=en
January 2016 – Better late than never the Common Wealth Games notice board made it up outside the canteen. Its great to look back on such a wonderful event.
November 2015 – £600 to the school to spend on playground game equipment. The pupil council and Mrs Forrest chose a wonderful selection of equipment
October 2015 the PC funded this wonderful outside theater mural in the nursery bike shed. Well done to the nursery as it was part of a fund match from their Summer Fair 2015 tombola.
Medals for all football teams who attended the P7 Football Tournament, June 2015. Well done to Royal High Primary for winning.
Funding achievements include:
- French lessons – This is our fourth year Mademoiselle Claire has come in to teach P1-P5, 30minute sessions once a week. We are one of the first schools in Scotland to provide a second language to all. 2012/2013, 2013/2014, 2014/2015, 2015/16 & 2016/17.
- ‘Celebrate It’ funding to run our very own Commonwealth Games! Ran June 9th -13th 2014.
- A mural painted in the bike shed June 2014.
- Fantastic new discus, shot putt, hammers, foam javelins and hurdles June 2014.
- Basketball nets for each playground have been installed. We are grateful to Gregor McKenzie (P4b) for putting the case so eloquently.
- The Junior Award Scheme Scotland (JASS) – an accredited learning programme for young people(6/7).
- 3 new violins.
- £50 for poppy crosses for World War 1 commemoration November 2014.
- Football kit for the P4 team (£100 donated this academic year).
- 2 bike racks in the P3 playground 2015.
- £200 won by P3 who hired a bouncy inflatable for the day for selling the most raffle tickets May 2015.
- 12 footballs for the playground May 2015.
- 36 running vests for various sports May 2015.
- £200 to help brighten up the nursery playground May 2015.
- Half the cost of new scooter parks, to be installed.
- 80 medals and 2 trophies for our football tournament June 2015
- Money to go to the pupil council to spend as they wish.
- Check out Upcoming Events for more.
All parents and staff are welcome to join the Parent Council Fundraising Group and attend meetings or assist with events.
Don’t just think about it … Do It …… Get Involved! Your School Needs You.
Start fundraising and recycling now and have a clear out, pop it in our ragbag container that can be found by the bins in the upper playground. We receive money depending on the weight of the recycling in the container:-
All mens,ladies and childrens clothing
Paired shoes [tied together]
Handbags, bags, ties and belts
Household linen and towels.
Soiled or wet clothing
Textile off cuts
Minutes of fundraising group, click link below to download.