The Parent Council Fundraising Group plays an invaluable role within The Royal High Primary School. We are responsible for:
- raising funds to provide resources that enhance our pupils’ learning experience.
- organising events for pupils, parents and staff that help to create a positive, happy and inclusive school community.
Check what we have been funding:-
- Curricular French P1-5 Term 1 & 2.
- Co-ordinating a whole school nations craft morning.
- Outdoor signage for the growing area designed by the pupils.
- Circus Starz picture notice boards and evaluations.
- Earphones for Computer room.
- Pumpkins for Halloween competition.
- Bark for the quad.
Funding achievements include:
- French lessons – Mademoiselle Claire has come in to teach P1-P5, 30minute sessions once a week. We are one of the first schools in Scotland to provide a second language to all. 2012/2013, 2013/2014, 2014/2015, 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 (term 1 & 2).
- Growing area – tonnes of stones, weed net, gravel, wheelbarrows, boards, murals, paint, seeds, signage, compost, bark, willow wigwam 2016/17.
- 8 tablets, storage discs and covers 2016/17.
- Along with funding a free week of entertainment for Circus Starz (Awards for all funding) we purchased for the school, 2 popcorn machines, a further 7 tablets, storage discs, indoor and outdoor covers for the tablets, 2 portable mics, 2 mic stands, picture printer, arts and crafts, costumes, gazebos etc. May 2017.
- A session of squash for the school squash team at Abercorn Tennis Courts pre-tournament 2016/17.
- Nursery books – funding given books still to be purchased 2016/17.
- Library books 2016/17.
- ‘Celebrate It’ funding to run our very own Commonwealth Games! Ran June 9th -13th 2014.
- A mural painted in the bike shed June 2014.
- Fantastic new discus, shot putt, hammers, foam javelins and hurdles June 2014.
- Basketball nets for each playground have been installed. We are grateful to Gregor McKenzie (P4b) for putting the case so eloquently.
- The Junior Award Scheme Scotland (JASS) – an accredited learning programme for young people(6/7).
- 3 new violins.
- £50 for poppy crosses for World War 1 commemoration November 2014.
- Football kit for the P4 team (£100 donated this academic year).
- 2 bike racks in the P3 playground 2015.
- £200 won by P3 who hired a bouncy inflatable for the day for selling the most raffle tickets May 2015.
- 12 footballs for the playground May 2015.
- 36 running vests for various sports May 2015.
- £200 to help brighten up the nursery playground May 2015.
- Half the cost of new scooter parks.
- 80 medals and 2 trophies for our football tournament June 2015.
- Money to go to the pupil council to spend as they wish.
- Check out Upcoming Events for more.
All parents and staff are welcome to join the Parent Council Fundraising Group and attend meetings or assist with events.
Don’t just think about it … Do It …… Get Involved! Your School Needs You.
Start fundraising and recycling now and have a clear out, pop it in our ragbag container that can be found by the bins in the upper playground. We receive money depending on the weight of the recycling in the container:-
All mens,ladies and childrens clothing
Paired shoes [tied together]
Handbags, bags, ties and belts
Household linen and towels.
Soiled or wet clothing
Textile off cuts
Minutes of fundraising group, click link below to download.
27th February 2018