Newsflash – Monday 26th March 2018
Easter/Mr. Nowakowski Assembly – Thursday 29th March 2018 at 9.30 a.m.
We will be gathering in the school hall for a whole school assembly on Thursday 29th March 2018 at 9.30 a.m.
This whole school assembly will cover two celebrations:
- The festival of Easter
- To celebrate and say farewell to our recently departed Service Support Officer (Janitor), Mr. Emil Nowakowski.
Our whole school assemblies create a real school community ethos, and the support from parents and families has been tremendous.
Classes will participate and perform an item to mark either one of the two celebrations.
All parents, families and friends are invited to join us for this celebration.
We hope to present a gift to Mr. Nowakowski on behalf of the whole school community. In the event you would like to contribute, please give any contributions to Mrs. Chapman (School Administrator). Thank you.
Please download and return the reply slip to your child’s class teacher NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY 28th MARCH 2018. This information will assist us in planning for the morning.
I look forward to seeing many of you at this assembly. I offer my sincere thanks for your continued help and support.
School Newsletter 10th January 2018
Welcome back – Term 3
Welcome back to all members of our school community. I hope that everyone enjoyed a happy and
peaceful festive season.
Once again, the term ahead is very busy. Please consult below for a diary/calendar of events for this
term. These are only the dates already entered in the diary, these are not exhaustive are there will
be more events planned as the term progresses.
- Friday 16th March – Nursery, P.1 and P.7 group photographs.
- Wednesday 21st March – School Open Morning.
- Wednesday 21st March – P.1 and P.7 Dental Checks.
- Thursday 22nd March – P.5A and P.5B – Generation Science.
- Thursday 29th March – 9.30 a.m. – whole school Easter Assembly.
- Thursday 29th March – SCHOOL CLOSES FOR EASTER HOLIDAY at NORMAL SCHOOL DAY TIME.
SCHOOL RESUMES FOR SUMMER TERM ON TUESDAY 17th APRIL 2018.
There are many reasons to be very proud of what we attain and achieve at The Royal High Primary School.
Please visit our website to view evidence of recent events.
I make every effort to ensure all communication is positive. However, I appeal to many in our school community with regard to LATENESS.
I understand that organising children, family, preparing for work etc. can place demands and pressures on family life.
However, I am aware that the number of children arriving late for school is increasing and there are a significant number of children presenting to school sometime after 8.55 a.m.
- The constant late arrival of pupils presents the following:
- Children missing important learning and teaching opportunities.
- Children’s progress and attainment affected adversely.
- Teachers’ losing valuable teaching time, as they have to repeat lessons.
- Children’s self-esteem and confidence affected by feeling different and self-conscious.
- Children’s health and safety at risk as lateness creates difficulties when monitoring absence and attendance.
I thank you for your efforts to address this lateness issue.
Thank you to all in the school community for their continued help and support.
Willie French (Head Teacher)
School Newsletter 05 September 2017
Primary 7 Information
Outdoor Education Experience – Lagganlia Camp
Please note that our P.7-year group will visit Lagganlia Camp near Aviemore from Monday 26th February 2018 to Friday 2nd March 2018.
More details regarding camp will be issued at a later date.
The total cost of the trip will be approximately £320. This includes the residential cost and transport cost. This may be subject to change as we await confirmed costing for the transport. However, I can assure you that the differential will not be significant. I am aware that £320 is a large amount of money, therefore I suggest payment is made in FOUR instalments as follows:
- £80 by Friday 29th September 2017
- £80 by Tuesday 31st October 2017
- £80 by Thursday 30th November 2017
- £80 by Wednesday 31st January 2018 (this amount may be amended slightly to cover transport).
Payment can be made by any of these THREE methods:
- By ‘Parent Pay’. This would be the preference method of payment. Please contact Mrs. Chapman, our Administrator, in the event you require ‘log on’ information.
- By cheque payable to ‘The Royal High School’.
- By cash.
All non ‘Parent Pay’ payments should be passed to Mrs. Chapman.
You will be aware that we have two major events at the end of the school session, these are:
- P.7 Leavers’ Dance on Friday 22nd June 2018 – 6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
- P.7 Leavers’ Assembly on Friday 29th June 2018 at 9.45 a.m.
I have taken the opportunity to meet with P.7 parents over the last two years. Each year we established a group of parents willing to help prepare for these events. Helping is usually in the form of decorating and preparing the hall.
I invite any P.7 parents who would like to be involved to meet with me on THURSDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER 2017 at 6.00 p.m. IN THE SCHOOL STAFF ROOM. I hope that it is possible to set up a small group of volunteers. Please e mail me at email@example.com if you are interested and can attend the meeting. Thank you.
Some key dates for P.7
- Tuesday 6th February 2018 at 6.30 p.m. Lagganlia Camp Meeting.
- Monday 26th February to Friday 2nd March 2018 – P.7 at Lagganlia Camp.
- Thursday 24th May 2018 – P.7 at The Risk Factory.
- Wednesday 6th June 2018 – 7.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. Portobello High School Parent Information Evening (parents only).
- Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st June 2018 – P.7 pupils attend their respective high schools for three-day transition programme.
- Friday 22nd June 2018 – 6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. P.7 Leavers’ Dance.
- Friday 29th June 2018 at 9.45 a.m. P.7 Leavers’ Assembly.
Thank you for your continued help and support.
Willie French (Head Teacher)