Welcome to The Royal High Primary School Website
Wednesday 1st November 2017
Calendar/Diary – Term 2
Welcome back to everyone in the school community following the October mid-term holiday. Last term closed with an excellent celebration of harvest and autumn. The North East Edinburgh Foodbank thank us for the outstanding and generous donation from our school community. I also take the opportunity to thank the many parents and families who attended in support of our harvest assembly. This was confirmation of our strong school community ethos. Thank you.
I am pleased to detail some of the significant dates and events for this forthcoming term. The calendar is not exhaustive, as other events will be organised at short notice. Further details of some events will be shared closer to the event.
- Wednesday 1st November – P.7 Food Festival.
- Thursday 2nd November – Authority Open Day
- Monday 6th November – STEM (Science Technology Engineering Mathematics) Ambassadors in school to work with P.2/3 and P.3.
- Tuesday 7th November a.m. – P.7 pupils at Portobello High School for transition event with other cluster primary schools.
- Wednesday 8th November a.m. – P.6B in Holyrood Park for Bushcraft Session.
- Friday 10th November evening – Parent Council ‘Band ‘n’ Buttie’ event at Duddingston Golf Club.
- Week beginning Monday 13th November – Book Fair – timetable to follow.
- Monday 13th November a.m. – P.2, P.2/3, P.6 and P.7 at The Vue Cinema to see ‘SING’.
- Tuesday 14th November or Wednesday 15th November – P.6 at Portobello High School for ‘The Pizza Challenge’.
- Tuesday 14th November at 6.30 p.m. – P.6 Parents’ Meeting re Sex Education Programme. More details to follow.
- Wednesday 15th November a.m. – P.7 classes at The National Museum for Primary Engineer Event.
- Week beginning Monday 20th November – Focus Week ‘World of Work’. More details to follow.
- Tuesday 21st November – School Choir at St. Mary’s Cathedral filming for STV Christmas Song Book.
- Wednesday 22nd November a.m. – P.7A at Dramatic Enquiry by Glasgow Films.
- Thursday 23rd November a.m. – P.7 B at Dramatic Enquiry by Glasgow Films.
- Thursday 23rd November – P.7B and P.6B start squash sessions at Abercorn.
- Tuesday 28th November a.m. – Nations’ Christmas Crafts Morning – Angles and Brits.
- Wednesday 29th November a.m. – Nations’ Christmas Crafts Morning – Picts and Scots.
- Wednesday 29th November at 5.00 p.m. – Duddingston Area Strings Orchestra Christmas Concert at Portobello High School.
- Saturday 2nd December 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. – Parent Council Christmas Fair.
- Monday 11th December full day – P.5 year group in Stirling.
- Tuesday 12th December at 7.30 p.m. – Parent Council Meeting.
- Thursday 14th December at 1.30 p.m. – Nativity Performance 1 – ‘A King Is Born’.
- Friday 15th December at 10.00 a.m. – Nativity Performance 2 – ‘A King Is Born’.
- Week beginning Monday 18th December – Class/Stage Christmas Parties.
- Monday 18th December a.m. – M & M Production Pantomime ‘Cinderella’.
- Friday 22nd December at 10.00 a.m. – P.4 to P.7 Christmas Assembly.
- Friday 22nd December at midday – school closes for Christmas Holiday
Pupils resume for Spring Term, Term 3 on Tuesday 9th January 2018.
Thanks to everyone for the continued help and support.
About The Royal High Primary
The Royal High Primary School buildings were completed during 1931. We are all extremely proud of our listed building set within its beautiful grounds. The grounds and buildings, enjoyed by pupils, parents and staff, help to convey our heritage and enthusiasm for learning.
As an ECO school we are delighted to have gained five Green Flags and you can see one flying proudly in front of the school. We have a strong commitment to our environment and are currently working on achieving our sixth Green Flag.