Welcome to The Royal High Primary School Website
Information – Wednesday 28 June 2017
End of Session/Summer Holiday
Our school session 2016/17 is drawing to a close. It has been a very busy school session and a very busy summer term.
During the last few weeks we have enjoyed:
Our week long ‘Circus Starz’ event.
Our week long ‘Health Focus’ week.
- Sports Days
- Nations’ basketball and football tournaments.
- Three events for our prospective P.1 pupils and their families who will be starting school in August 2017.
- Three-day induction visits for our P.7 pupils to their respective high schools.
- Our P.7 Leavers’ Dance.
However, these are only a selection of many events.
The Royal High Primary School is a school with great history and traditions and we attempt to maintain these traditions by setting high standards and expectations. In doing so I take this opportunity to thank members of the school community:
- Pupils – we are very fortunate to have an excellent pupil community whose behaviour is of a high standard and who apply themselves diligently throughout the school year. They embrace opportunities and they are a credit to the school community.
- Staff – we are very fortunate to have a very committed and skilled staff. I refer to teaching and non-teaching staff. Our staff team ensure that we provide the best possible educational experiences within a caring and nurturing environment. I take this opportunity to thank the entire staff team and wish them a happy and healthy summer break.
- Parents and Families – the school enjoys outstanding support from parents and families and this is vitally important when we attempt to create a ‘community’ ethos. Our full parent forum supports the school in many ways and the Parent Council work tirelessly to provide additional opportunities by way of fairs, discos and other events. I offer my sincere thank you to all parents and families.
Our school year concludes with our P.7 Leavers’ Assembly. I take this opportunity to wish our P.7 children and other leavers the very best of success and happiness for the next part of their life journey.
I take this opportunity to thank Mrs. Susan Booth. Mrs. Booth was appointed to cover Ms. Alison McCarlie’s secondment to Colinton Primary School. It is not an easy task taking on a class mid-academic session when they have established routines and relationships. Added to this, it is not easy to undertake this task with a P.1 class. Mrs. Booth has undertaken a great job and I cannot thank her enough for her work and commitment.
Please note the following:
- School closes for summer holiday for school and nursery at midday on Friday 30th June 2017.
- Staff resume for Session 2017/18 on Monday 14th August 2017. Monday 14th August and Tuesday 15th August are staff in-service training days. Please note that any school clothing orders may be collected from Mrs. Chapman and/or Ms. Baigan on these days.
- Pupils resume school and nursery on Wednesday 16th August 2017.
Finally, I wish all members of our school community a happy and healthy summer break. Let us hope that the sun shines and we can enjoy some outdoor and community time.
I look forward to seeing everyone again in August.
About The Royal High Primary
The Royal High Primary School buildings were completed during 1931. We are all extremely proud of our listed building set within its beautiful grounds. The grounds and buildings, enjoyed by pupils, parents and staff, help to convey our heritage and enthusiasm for learning.
As an ECO school we are delighted to have gained five Green Flags and you can see one flying proudly in front of the school. We have a strong commitment to our environment and are currently working on achieving our sixth Green Flag.