Welcome to The Royal High Primary School Website
MULTI-SPORT SKILLZ SUMMER 2018 FLYER
Newsflash – Friday 8 June 2018
You will be aware that we have now entered the final weeks of the school session and I take this opportunity to update you as follows:
Class Organisation – I know that everyone in the school community is keen to know the class organisation and teacher allocation for next session, 2018/19. I am confident that this information will be shared during the second half of next week. We have several positions to fill via recruitment and selection and until this process has been complete it is not possible to finalise the class organisation.
Pupil Progress Reports – it had been my intention to issue reports close to Tuesday 12th June 2018. For various reasons the reports will now be issued during week beginning Monday 18th June 2018.
Sports Days – Please note the following dates and times for our sports days:
• P.1 to P.3 Sports Day – Thursday 14th June 2018 at 1.00 p.m.
• P.4 to P.7 Sports Day – Friday 15th June 2018 at 10.15 a.m.
Our Sports Days generate a lot of excitement and I hope that many parents and families can attend and encourage the children to earn points for their nation – ANGLES ~ BRITS ~ PICTS ~ SCOTS. Ask the children what Nation they represent.
‘Moving On’ – children will meet their teachers for next session on the afternoon of Thursday 21st June 2018.
’Twenty’s Plenty – Kids to Camera’ – an integral part of our health and well-being programme is to highlight and teach the importance of road safety. Our Parent Council has been very active in attempts to ensure the roads and pavements around our school are safe places.
Six pupils from P.5 and P.6 have participated in a film entitled ‘Kids to Camera’. This is an excellent film with a very powerful message. It can be viewed on social media and you tube.
School and Nursery continue to be very busy with activities.
Our Nursery has already enjoyed their sports events and looking forward to their visits to East Links Country Park.
School Choir – Our school choir has had an extremely busy year, performing at The Queen’s Hall and finishing as runner-up in the Frisson Foundation GLEE Choir Competition. They also sang at The Dome and local care homes. My sincere thanks to Mrs. Jennifer Belfall for her hard work.
High School Musical – Many in our school community enjoyed our High School Musical performances. This was an example of the highest quality community work. P.4 to P.7 pupils, staff, parents and Parent Council, working together as a team. Thank you to all but specific thanks to our Deputy Head Teacher, Tania Evans, and Teachers Katie Campbell and Lynsey Stewart.
Bake Sales – I am very pleased and proud to report that many groups have organised bake sales in recent weeks raising good sums of money for various charities.
Portobello Park Run – it was great to see The Royal High Primary School undertake the ‘takeover’ of the Portobello Park Run on Saturday 2nd June 2018 at The Figgate Park. My sincere thanks to all families who attended to officiate and to Ella Nicholson (P.7A) who led the morning events and instructed over three hundred adult runners with clear instructions and confidence.
Still to come………………………………
• Week beginning Monday 11th June 2018 – Health Week – thank you to Mrs. Evans for organising.
• Tuesday 12th June 2018 – nursery morning children at East Links Country Park.
• Tuesday 12th June 2018 at 7.30 p.m. – Parent Council Meeting and AGM.
• Wednesday 13th June 2018 – Health Week Activity Day.
• Wednesday 13th June 2018 – nursery afternoon children at East Links Country Park.
Still to come ……………………………………….
• Thursday 14th June 2018 at 1.00 p.m. – P.1 to P.3 Infant Sports Day.
• Friday 15th June 2018 at 10.15 a.m. – P.4 to P.7 Upper Sports Day.
• 12.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. – Parent Council Summer Fair.
• Monday 18th June 2018 7.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. – New P.1 Parents’ Evening.
• Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st June all day – P.7 at high schools for transition day.
• Tuesday 19th June 2018 1.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m. – P.1 Games Afternoon.
• Thursday 21st June 2018 – afternoon ‘Moving On’ children meet next session’s teachers including new P.1 pupils.
• Friday 22nd June 2018 at 11.00 a.m. – P.1 Garden Party in The Quad.
• Friday 22nd June 2018 6.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. – P.7 Leavers’ Party.
• Friday 29th June 2018 – 9.45 a.m. – P.7 Leavers’ Assembly.
• Friday 29th June 2018 – Midday – School closes for summer holidays.
Please visit our website and the RHPS Parent Council Facebook site to view photographs, video clips and information.
Thank you for your continued help and support.
About The Royal High Primary
The Royal High Primary School buildings were completed during 1931. We are all extremely proud of our listed building set within its beautiful grounds. The grounds and buildings, enjoyed by pupils, parents and staff, help to convey our heritage and enthusiasm for learning.
As an ECO school we are delighted to have gained five Green Flags and you can see one flying proudly in front of the school. We have a strong commitment to our environment and are currently working on achieving our sixth Green Flag.